David Headley's NIA interrogation report - PART-04

2. ORGANISATIONS / INSTITUTIONS
(1) LeT: The chief patron of the outfit is Hafiz Saeed. Abdur Rehman Maki, Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi are the important members of this outfit. It is based on the Salafi faith of Islam . The objective of the outfit is to establish "Nizam-e-Mustafa" (Rule of God). I feel that LeT is more inclined for jihad in kashmir. At present some ideological battle amongst the top brass in going on relating to jihad in Afghanistan. Sometime in 2008 I felt that LeT is not sincere and committed to the planned actions. India will remain a target for LeT.

(2) ISI: The Inter -Service- Intelligence wing of Pakistan has a control over most of the important operatives of LeT. Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi is close to the DG of ISI. LeT is also funded by the ISI.

(3) 313 Brigade: This outfit is formed by Illyas kashmiri. They are primarily based in the FATA region of Pakistan. They belong to the Deobandi school of thought of Islam . They believe in Takfiri ideology . This outfit is responsible for several suicide attacks in Pakistan in the recent time. They are directly linked with Al-Qaida.

(4) Jund ul Fida: This is name Abdur Rehman has proposed to give the outfit that will operate under 313 brigade and carry out attacks in India and other non Islamic countires. This name has been chosen by Osama Bin Laden.

(5) Karachi set up: Abdur Rehman @ Pasha has trained some Indian Muslim youths who have been asked to attack various targets in India. It is a personal set up of Pasha and it is independent of the LeT's similar set up in Karachi.

1. I was born in the year 1960 in the United States of America. My father Syed Gilani was a Pakistani national and mother Ms. Serril Headley was a USA national. I have one sister by name Sherzad, who was born in Pakistan in 1963. She is doctor by profession. She is married and settled in Maryland, Baltimore, USA. After my birth, the family relocated to Pakistan where I was raised. I went to a military school located in Hasan Abdal, Attock District, Punjab, Pakistan known as Cadet College Hassan Abdal . My father, after divorcing my mother remarried in Pakistan to one Sayeda Begam.

2. In 1977 I was re-located to the United States to live with my mother, who had divorced my father in 1966. My mother grew up in Bryn Mawr. She was the owner of a pub by the name Khyber Pass pub/ restaurant at 56 S.Second St. in Philadelphia. In USA I studied accounting, at a community college in Philadelphia region. With my mother, I operated a video store, Fliks video, in Center City, New York, My mother handed over the pub to me . In the year 1985 I took over the charge of the pub . I ran it myself for a year and then left this business.

3. I have two half- brothers named Hamza Gilani and Daanyal Gilani. Daanyal and Hamza were born in 1973 and 1976 respectively. Both of them are in the Pakistan civil services. Daanyal was also posted as the Information Officer in the Prime Minister Office of Pakistan. My father had worked in the Pakistan Broadcasting Department . He had gone to the USA on deputation to Voice of America.

4. We are originally from the Dinanagar, Ajanala, Gastartide, Punjab. My father had remained in UP for some time before partition . He had done his schooling from the Islamia School in Ettawah. After his school education, he had studied in the Govt . College Lahore.

5. I got married to Shazia Gilani in Pakistan in the year 1999. Shazia is the daughter of Javed Ahmed . I do not want to discuss the details on my in laws family as they have nothing to do with my activities. My wife and four children are presently based in Chicago, USA. I do not want to discuss anything pertaining to them. My request would be not to ask questions relating to my immediate family members. I however, assure you that during my questioning for clarifications and understandings of the context of the conspiracy, whenever required, I would make relevant mention of them.

Comments